Monday, July 30, 2007

Everything ended

Two weeks ago, my relationship ended. At least, that was the day when we said goodbye to each other. Goodbye as a couple, not as friends.

When we spoke, and we spoke a lot, calmly, softly, crying, it was clear that there had been problems we had never solved. Problems she realised and I didnt. She told me she had felt alone, not in that moment, but for more time. The previous year, we almost saw each other every day. And she felt alone. I guess that was my fault. I love to listen to her daily stories, how she can transform a daily event into a funny tale. So I spoke as little as I could, so I could listen to her most of the time.

That was my mistake, I know. And my second one was not realising it on time. As time had gone by, she had felt worse and I hadnt change anything. It even got worse, as when we only could speak by phone we had less time.

However, she should have told me what she was thinking. We were two, and when I saw something that needed to be fixed, I said it. Perhaps she told me, perhaps I did not hear it. Whatever.

The thing is, she was right. We had been going each day a little farther from the other, and we were too far away to solve anything. Everything had ended, but some time before. Some months before. But we did not want to realise it. Until two weeks ago.

3 comments:

nayade said...

sometimes is difficult to heal our absences, and at the same time to hear what the other expect us to guess. sometimes not to guess seems to be the strongest reason to feel everything is far, everything is not possible to solve, everything is strange. but to guess is unfair, unfair if we guess all the time, unfair if you have to guess in the right moment or fail. i think the best would be to do as if we were so silly to not be able to guess ever.
love has this thing of sincronicity, of same thinking at the same time, connectedness, these things that make it seem so right, so charmful, so special. it seems when this doesn't exist, or when one is not at that level of guessing, feeling, intuition, something bad is happening.
i don't agree, we are not magicians. we need to knock the door and we need an answer.
we need an answer
i think everything is easier if we try not to see all this importance in love and remember we are humans. just that. at the end, we are lost many times, we just ignore. to disappoint or suffer the disenchantment of a disillusionment because the other doesn't know how to do, how to say, how to reach, this is unfair.
it's very unfair.
love should be another thing. and we should not be able to live with other person feeling farer and distant. it should be unbearable, then it would not be necessary to guess, the situation would not exist.
we should not allow love to become in a thing like this. for me love it's not the appropiate moment of guessing, it's more real, more human, more faulty

Anonymous said...

I beg your pardon dear sophie but I think you don t have any idea what you are talking about.

La ignorancia es atrevida.

Anonymous said...

Ah! I almost forget to dump my mind! It isn t something personal but darling seeing your blog you are not the best person to give a bit of advice.......U look a bit mental.